[Taxacom] Paracotalpa Specimen Request

Oliver Keller okeller1977 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 16:46:28 CST 2013

Hello,

I am a graduate student at Wichita State University, pursuing a Master’s
degree with Dr. Mary Liz Jameson. I am studying the taxonomy,
phylogeography, and intraspecific variation in the genus* Paracotalpa*
(Coleoptera:
Scarabaeidae: Rutelinae) using molecular and morphological analyses.

I am in need of high quality DNA specimens of *Paracotalpa* specimens.
These beetles are referred to as the “bear scarabs” (see
http://bugguide.net/node/view/51152), and they are active from January to
early June in the western United States. Due to my class schedule, I will
most likely only be able to collect from March 16-24 this year. I would
really appreciate any fresh material stored in ethanol that can be used for
molecular work. I am especially interested in specimens of the
hyper-variable* P. ursina* species complex from southern California. I will
be certain to acknowledge your assistance in my work.

Thank you,

Oliver Keller

--
Oliver Keller