[Taxacom] On genera

Scott Thomson scott.thomson321 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 12:53:49 CDT 2013

This thread seems to have been split, but I wanted to reply to this part of
it also. I also agree that this is what we currently do. I think it was
this comment I was referring to when I mentioned splitting and lumping in
the other thread. My personal view is that a lot of thought should go into
wether or not to describe a genus, significant evidence, and much more than
I often see should be presented to demonstrate the need for a genus.
Equally there should not be fear, or bias, or whatever it is against
lumping genera. I am hopeful that we can eventually get to a better
definition of the genus. But its not there yet.

Cheers, Scott

--
Scott Thomson
29400 Rt 6