[Taxacom] Nepal "visiting researcher" scam revisited

Nadia Talent nadia.talent at utoronto.ca
Fri Jul 12 15:51:18 CDT 2013

A colleague, who has fielded a number of similar cases addressed to a professional society rather than to a research institution, suggests that where it is a possible that the contact might indeed be genuine, a good test is to conduct a video Skype interview with the applicant, including a video tour of the applicant's institution.

Nadia Talent
Research Associate, Royal Ontario Museum,
Green Plant Herbarium (TRT),
Department of Natural History,
100 Queen's Park,
Toronto, M5S 2C6, Canada