[Taxacom] The more you know the more you lump|split.

Anthony Gill gill.anthony at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 18:46:01 CDT 2013

Fair enough points Rich - and I agree that much of the current changes in
classification (at least in fishes) are premature - but your email raises a
range of questions about what counts as evidence in systematics. My own
take is that prevailing systematics has lost its way in how we
differentiate evidence from inference (if indeed there is even an attempt
to present "evidence" in a phylogenetic study).

Tony

--
Dr Anthony C. Gill
Natural History Curator

Ph. +61 02 9036 6499
Editorial Board, Species and Systematics:
http://www.ucpress.edu/series.php?ser=spsy