[Taxacom] Presentation videos of "Informatics Horizons", NHM London, now available

Vincent Smith vince at vsmith.info
Sat Jul 27 11:24:12 CDT 2013

Dear Taxacom,

INFORMATICS HORIZONS, NHM London, 24 July 2013
Videos and presentation files now available at
http://scratchpads.eu/NHMInformaticsday

I just wanted to say thank you to all those on Taxacom who looked in
on the recent livestream broadcast of the Informatics Horizons event
at the Natural History Museum, London. This was only advertised on
Taxacom, and attracted more than 700 playbacks from over 70 countries,
equating to 400-500 unique viewers. This is a testament to the power
of Taxacom. The average viewing time was over 21 minutes and the whole
event was watched for a total of 160 hours! For a geographic breakdown
of the live streaming statistics see
http://tinyurl.com/IH-StreamingStats

We've learned a few lessons on how to improve the broadcast quality
and and will definitely arrange similar broadcasts for future events.
For those that missed it, all the videos and most of the presentations
are now linked into the programme at
http://scratchpads.eu/NHMInformaticsday

There is also a YouTube playlist at
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYBO7pOvStFwlxpzXXgc959TiKHwsLIvo

Thanks again,
Vince

--

Dr. Vincent S. Smith, Research Scientist
The Natural History Museum, Cromwell Road, London, SW7 5BD, UK

Web: http://vsmith.info/, http://scratchpads.eu/, http://phthiraptera.info/
Skype, twitter & flickr: vsmithuk; XMPP/Jabber: vince at vsmith.info
E-mail: vince at vsmith.info (preferred), Tel: +44 (0) 207 942 5127, Fax:
+44 (0) 207 942 5229