[Taxacom] Affordable fully automated 3D micro imaging system

Kim van der Linde kim at kimvdlinde.com
Sat Jun 1 19:38:06 CDT 2013

Dear List,

Currently, I am in the process of developing a prototype of an
affordable (US$15,000-20,000) fully automated 3D imaging system that can
accurately obtain 3D surface renderings including color of small 3D
objects such as the head of a fruit fly, the proboscis of a butterfly,
and other micrometer size objects. This system will automatically image
the object from all sides, extract the surface data and stores it as a
single object. In order to obtain a grant for the development of this
system, I need to access whether there would be a market for such a
system. To help me with that, could you, if you, your lab or institution
would be a potential customer, please let me know (kim at kimvdlinde.com).

Feel free to forward this to other lists where people could be interested.

Thanks,

Kim