[Taxacom] BioNames and others names

Stephen Thorpe stephen_thorpe at yahoo.co.nz
Sat Jun 1 22:11:24 CDT 2013

Lots! Why can't we work together? Largely because of economic factors and human nature. Realistically, there isn't a snowball's chance in hell of working together in perfect harmony on a single unified project, but we should be pushing for slightly higher levels of cooperation. Note that all funded projects are underfunded, given the enormity of the task, so none of them can ever reach completion. It could be done on Wikispecies, but only if lots of contributors are willing to give up a little bit of their time, which they aren't! Nevertheless, I believe that Wikispecies is the most likely to get there first, but I don't know how likely that is. Meanwhile, much $$$ will be spent paying various people to do the same thing on different projects, even though they can never really succeed. But it keeps people employed ...

Stephen