[Taxacom] BioNames

Tony.Rees at csiro.au Tony.Rees at csiro.au
Mon Jun 3 22:49:13 CDT 2013

Hi Stephen,

Re Aaaba versus Aaba: it is of course up to the authors of new names to check the relevant original literature first, not second hand…

By the way on reading my previous email I spotted a logically inconsistent remark held in my own database against the entry Abantiades Herrich-Schäffer, 1856, since removed :)   – another case of the more you look at, the more errors you spot (or a case of the more eyes can view something, the better).

Regards - Tony