[Taxacom] human involvement (was Re: BioNames)

Stephen Thorpe stephen_thorpe at yahoo.co.nz
Tue Jun 4 17:20:36 CDT 2013

Yes, it is preferable for the bucket to be *clearly* labelled as dirty or clean before one washes in it! A disclaimer in the small print doesn't really cut it. The problem, though, is that it will take so very long to clean the data (decades, centuries?) that the task will have trouble getting funding unless it can (pretend?) to deliver something useful in the short term ... BioNames being perhaps a good example of this ...

Stephen