[Taxacom] Open access?

Raymond Hoser Snakeman Snakebusters Reptile Parties viper007 at live.com.au
Tue Jun 4 18:37:28 CDT 2013

Dear all, in another thread Doug Yanega said

"Given that
no one should be doing taxonomy without access to the original
literature, requiring that an author transcribe the pertinent data into
ZooBank is not adding very much to their overall effort."

leads me to ask, should open access and online by a requirement of the next code of zoological nomenclature?

I know it would muck up the "business models" of certain journals, but what does everyone else here think?

All the best

Snakebustersâ - Australia's best reptilesâ

The only hands-on reptilesâ shows that lets people hold the animalsâ.

Reptile partiesâ, events, courses
Phones: 9812 3322

0412 777 211