[Taxacom] Open access?

Dan Lahr dlahr at ib.usp.br
Tue Jun 4 19:37:53 CDT 2013

Adding these types of requirements leaves you with a serious issue that is
dealing with the legacy names that do not comply with the new requirement.
 Lists of valid names are basically the only way around this (that I can
see), and there are numerous problems with that as well.

I see the addition of requirements more of a step towards instability in
the current situation.

Removing a requirement (as was done with the Latin descriptions in ICN) is
a whole different issue, because legacy names are not "lacking" a
requirement, and thus, do not need to be included as valid by any type of
mandate.

dan