[Taxacom] Open access?

Paul Kirk P.Kirk at kew.org
Wed Jun 5 05:16:12 CDT 2013

If we had an automated process that could receive pdf's, mark them up, pull them apart, load the various elements into a/several well structured open access and linked databases (e.g. Code governed events to nomenclators, name usages to taxonomy database, description to morph bank ...) we would solve the problem at a stroke with no problems of copyright or IPR.

It's not rocket science - just look what one person did recently (Rod); it need small resources in a global context and a lot of collaboation.

In haste,

Paul