[Taxacom] Open access? & copyrights?

Chris Thompson xelaalex at cox.net
Wed Jun 5 06:45:09 CDT 2013

Sorry, John,

mine was a private comment to you, but now that it is public,

the issue of copyright is linked to Open Access, in my opinion.

That is, simply I can not publish anything about a Natural History Museum
specimen without getting permission from THE Natural History Museum and also
including a statement that there are copyright restrictions on that
information, etc.

To me that is not OPEN ACCESS, but I suppose in some sense technically it
is, just requires higher level of legalese, etc.

AND YES, most of us (and that includes me) simply ignore these requirements.

Sorry, to distract from the open communications discusion, etc.

Sincerely,

Chris

from home