[Taxacom] Species descriptions in thesis

Marla Schwarzfeld marla.schwarzfeld at ualberta.ca
Sat Jun 8 18:55:49 CDT 2013

Dear Taxacomers,

I am describing a number of new species in my Ph.D. thesis, ahead of the
peer-reviewed journal publication of the descriptions. However I would like
the published paper to be the official description. Since my thesis will be
online, and thus technically fulfill the requirements of the Code, I would
like to include a statement that the descriptions therein are not the
“real” species descriptions.  I feel I’ve seen similar statements, but
can’t find any examples now that I’m looking for one. Does anyone have a
suggestion for a standard statement that should be included?

Thanks in advance!

Marla

--
Marla Schwarzfeld