[Taxacom] Species descriptions in thesis

Rosenberg,Gary rosenberg.ansp at drexel.edu
Sat Jun 8 20:21:22 CDT 2013

Being online does not constitute publication unless the work fulfills the requirements of ICZN Code Article 8.5 <http://www.nhm.ac.uk/hosted-sites/iczn/code/> [in chapter 3], such as registration in ZooBank. If the thesis is not registered in ZooBank it does not need a disclaimer, although in principal the disclaimer is a good idea, since the work could also have been distributed on paper.  Article 8.2 states that a work can be disclaimed, and Article 8.3 states that names and acts within a work can be disclaimed.

Gary Rosenberg
Academy of Natural Sciences
Drexel University