[Taxacom] Species descriptions in thesis

Michael A. Ivie mivie at montana.edu
Sat Jun 8 23:27:26 CDT 2013

Marla,

My students have placed this statement at the bottom of the Abstract page
in their thesis or dissertation for decades, it takes care of all
eventualities:

Disclaimer: This thesis is not intended to meet the provision of the ICZN
(1999)  regarding the publication of new nomenclatural acts [Art. 8.2]. No
name or nomenclatural act proposed herein should be considered available
as defined by the ICZN.

Simple, ironclad. All other arguments just go away.

Mike

--
Michael A. Ivie, Ph.D., F.R.E.S.
Montana Entomology Collection