[Taxacom] San Francisco Declaration on Research Assessment

Richard Zander Richard.Zander at mobot.org
Wed Jun 12 09:08:55 CDT 2013

There are a lot of very interesting provocative well-thought out papers
on the internet that were never in journals. We've all seen these,
buried among the dross, when we search for topics of interest.

The solution is to cite these works in your own papers, and they will
shine through Google scholar lists of who cited what where.

There is a problem with publishing is "good" journals. One cannot get
free pdfs easily, and such a paper is less likely to be influential.
Good journals can be black holes for research.

Richard H. Zander
Web sites: http://www.mobot.org/plantscience/resbot/ and
UPS and FedExpr -  MBG, 4344 Shaw Blvd, St. Louis 63110 USA