[Taxacom] San Francisco Declaration on Research Assessment

Raymond Hoser - The Snakeman viper007 at live.com.au
Wed Jun 12 22:07:24 CDT 2013

Yes ... from: the San Francisco Declaration on Research Assessment

“the scientific content of
a paper is much more important than publication metrics or

the identity of the journal in which it was published.”

Is a statement of the obvious and yet one deliberately overlooked way
too often. Try for example the rant by Kaiser et al (2013) who views all herpetological
journals other than those they control as “unworthy”. The content of the
relevant papers published elsewhere is so irrelevant that they don’t even read
them before criticising them and seeking to boycott them!

Snakebustersâ - Australia's best reptilesâ

The only hands-on reptilesâ shows that lets people hold the animalsâ.

Reptile partiesâ, events, courses
Phones: 9812 3322

0412 777 211