[Taxacom] Request for information on the very early Mesozoic Tethys Rift Valley

Ashley Nicholas Nicholasa at ukzn.ac.za
Tue Jun 18 08:24:39 CDT 2013

Dear All,

I am having difficulty tracing any substantial literature on what was presumably an extensive rift valley system between north Africa, Europe and the Americas. I have heard this called the Tethys Rift Valley. Can anyone point me in the direction of literature that might discuss the geology and possible biota of this region in the Triassic or just after?

Many thanks
Ashley

Ashley Nicholas (PhD)
Associate Professor & Curator Ward Herbarium
School of Life Science,  Westville Campus
University of KwaZulu-Natal,
Private Bag X54001,
Durban, 4000, South Africa
Tel.:+27-31-260 7719 Fax.: +27-31-260 2029
http://lifesciences.ukzn.ac.za/Staff/Biodiversity/biodiv_evo_staff/Durban/nicholasa.aspx
nicholasa at ukzn.ac.za<mailto:nicholasa at ukzn.ac.za>
Empirical scientists do not deal with the truth, we deal with hypotheses. At their best these hypotheses are insightful and predictive, however, nonetheless experience has shown that they are often only a poor approximation of reality and therefore the truth.