[Taxacom] A new way to view taxonomic publications

Roderic Page r.page at bio.gla.ac.uk
Wed Jun 19 15:20:14 CDT 2013

I've developed a somewhat experimental viewer for articles in the journal ZooKeys which might be of interest. There is a blog post here http://iphylo.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/a-new-way-to-view-taxonomic-publications.html

You can try a live example here:  http://bionames.org/labs/zookeys-viewer/?doi=10.3897/zookeys.154.1963

This viewer is one of the motivations behind http://bionames.org I'm aiming for a platform where we can embed the taxonomic literature and have names and publications seamlessly linked together, enabling us to navigate through the primary taxonomic literature in a single place.

Regards

Rod

Roderic Page
Professor of Taxonomy