[Taxacom] Authorship citation in systematics

Richard Zander Richard.Zander at mobot.org
Sat Jun 22 14:31:06 CDT 2013

I recently reviewed a paper by M.J. Cano & J.A. Jiménez at Univ. Murcia, Spain. They used a -- to me -- novel approach to citation of species authorship. They simply used the last name, then date, colon, page number in parentheses. The original publication went into the bibliography.

AT one stroke, species citation where citation of place of publication is necessary, puts that publication into the bibliography rather than being buried in the text. Somebody let me know if this is a new idea or not. If new, then kudos to Cano and Jiménez.

Richard H. Zander
Web sites: http://www.mobot.org/plantscience/resbot/ <http://www.mobot.org/plantscience/resbot/>  and http://www.mobot.org/plantscience/bfna/bfnamenu.htm <http://www.mobot.org/plantscience/bfna/bfnamenu.htm>
Modern Evolutionary Systematics Web site: http://www.mobot.org/plantscience/resbot/21EvSy.htm <http://www.mobot.org/plantscience/resbot/21EvSy.htm>
UPS and FedExpr -  MBG, 4344 Shaw Blvd, St. Louis 63110 USA