[Taxacom] Apteropanorpa

Richard Pyle deepreef at bishopmuseum.org
Mon Jun 24 04:49:26 CDT 2013

> I'm sure Rich Pyle has said as much recently either on
> this forum or somewhere close. I will leave it to Rich et al. to elaborate
if/as
> they might see fit...

Well.... this just about covers it:

> What we really need to aspire to is a network of linked systems whereby
> changes and new content entered once can propagate automatically
> elsewhere as needed rather than requiring manual input as per (for
> example) the wikispecies model; also the contributors best
placed/resourced
> to locate and enter new content have an incentive to do so (so that you
and I
> do not have to do it!).

This captures it far better than I ever have!  So.... I say, "what Tony
said!"

Aloha,
Rich

Richard L. Pyle, PhD
Database Coordinator for Natural Sciences
Associate Zoologist in Ichthyology
Dive Safety Officer
Department of Natural Sciences, Bishop Museum
1525 Bernice St., Honolulu, HI 96817
Ph: (808)848-4115, Fax: (808)847-8252
email: deepreef at bishopmuseum.org