[Taxacom] Data query

Mike Sadka M.Sadka at nhm.ac.uk
Tue Jun 25 06:47:08 CDT 2013

> Suddenly the location (server, I assume) has changed to ...
> So, I might argue, what was the point of my spending time giving links?

Hi

The web is always subject to change, but it is usually possible to forward traffic from an old URL to any replacement.

It would be good practise for whoever originally hosted the Hymenoptera Name Serer to ensure that requests for the old URL are redirected to the new version.  Obviously this isn't completely future-proof, but it does mitigate the problem to some extent.

Cheerio, Mike