[Taxacom] Cyanoprokaryota help

Tony.Rees at csiro.au Tony.Rees at csiro.au
Thu Mar 14 22:10:35 CDT 2013

Hi John,

Here's an early explanation of the term Cyanobacteria:

(H Dick, WDP Stewart - Archives of Microbiology, 1980 - Springer)

"... There is now evidence that the group of photosynthetic O2-evolving photosynthetic prokaryotes,
previously referred to as blue-green algae (see Fogg et al., 1973) should be reclassified as
cyanobacteria (Stanier and Cohen-Bazire, 1977; Stanier et al., 1978)..."

Regards - Tony