[Taxacom] BHL new look revealed

Paul van Rijckevorsel dipteryx at freeler.nl
Tue Mar 19 11:21:57 CDT 2013

From: "Mary Barkworth" <Mary.Barkworth at usu.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2013 4:15 PM

> Perhaps the emphasis should be on a new <b>look</b> revealed - and, from
> what someone said, searching is faster.  Work on creating many of the
> links must be in progress. I tried looking for a some names and decided
> that, at present, it will not be valuable for me. A search for each of
> Stipa arida  and Achnatherum aridum yielded no results; a seach for Stipa
> yielded 3, one of which was for an animal that includes the string stipa
> in its name.  So, nice idea - keep working on it.

***
I hadn't much used BHL for a while but was very active over
the weekend (and had many pages open when the change
happened). I was pleasantly surprised by the progress
(for instance all those direct links from TROPICOS to BHL
and by the amount of hits for the names I entered). The most
notable change to me is the window that shows the consulted
original page: this is more than twice as big as it was. It took
some fiddling with screen settings but I can now have half
the screen showing the page I want to see: great progress!

Paul
enormously