[Taxacom] Data quality in aggregated datasets

Roderic Page r.page at bio.gla.ac.uk
Thu May 2 07:06:01 CDT 2013

Out of curiosity I've created a Google Map visualisation of the discrepancies Bob mesiobov found between his data and that in GBIF. Some background is on my blog http://iphylo.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/gbif-data-quality-visualising-mesibov.html, and you can see the visualisation live at http://bl.ocks.org/rdmpage/raw/5501293/ (it takes a second or two to load).

I found it hard to get a sense of the magnitude of the discrepancies without drawing them on a map.

Regards

Rod

Roderic Page
Professor of Taxonomy