[Taxacom] Data quality in aggregated datasets

Quentin Groom quentin.groom at br.fgov.be
Thu May 2 07:49:18 CDT 2013

Dear Rod,
that's really nice work of you and Bob Mesibov. You map does tend to
emphasize the worst examples, when you look closely you realize that the
majority are within a few km of the real location. I suspect these
little discrepancies can be accounted for by conversion to and from
decimal degrees and the larger ones from griding.
I'm not a fan of point and circles and this map doesn't convince me of
its use.
Regards
Quentin

--