[Taxacom] W. A. Schulz

Ohl, Michael Michael.Ohl at mfn-berlin.de
Fri May 10 08:33:40 CDT 2013

Hi list,

in the course of a historical project on a German naturalist in South America, I am trying to find biographical data of the German entomologist Wilhelm Albert (W.A.) Schulz, probably born in 1871. He described numerous species in Hymenoptera, for example in the well-known (among hymenopterists, I must admit) "Spolia Hymenopterologica" from 1906. I couldn't find very much about him in the classical resources. He was a natural history trader in Brasil since 1892 and later worked in the Museu Goeldi as a technician (?). Shortly before 1900, he moved back to Germany. His latest publication I could locate is dated 1925. He also collected on Crete. See also a few bits here: http://sdei.senckenberg.de/biographies/index.php?befehl=Details&C_Name=27766

That's all I have. Any further information?

Cheers, Michael

PD Dr. Michael Ohl
Head of Entomological Collections
Museum fuer Naturkunde
Leibniz-Institut fuer Evolutions- und Biodiversitaetsforschung
Invalidenstr. 43
D-10115 Berlin, Germany
Tel: ++49-30-2093-8507
Fax: ++49-30-2093-8868