Adam Cotton adamcot at cscoms.com
Wed May 15 14:09:59 CDT 2013

----- Original Message -----
From: "JF Mate" <aphodiinaemate at gmail.com>
To: "Taxacom" <taxacom at mailman.nhm.ku.edu>
Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2013 1:43 AM
Subject: Re: [Taxacom] Paper on taxonomic standards in herpetology

Ah, well this is something I didn´t know about the code, a loophole you
could drive a bus through. Thanks Frank. Now for the follow-up question.
What are chances of closing said loophole? I am certain there are reasons
why it hasn´t happened yet but it is interesting for the more naive like me.

Jason

To close this supposed loophole you would have to totally redefine the
criteria constituting a published work (ie. Article 8), especially if you
would restrict all nomenclatorial acts to peer reviewed journals only.

Adam.