John Grehan calabar.john at gmail.com
Wed May 15 14:16:21 CDT 2013

Its not necessarily a loophole. Its a way of preventing absolute
suppression in taxonomy. If one were constrained to only published in
certain outlets one might find oneself locked out if one has some view that
is indigestible to the editors or reviewers. The real issue goes back to
quality of the proposition. If its good stuff for those who regard it as
such then it will be widely accepted. If not then it won't (even if it is
good stuff it still might not be widely accepted).

John Grehan