[Taxacom] Homo sapiens neanderthalensis

Ken Kinman kinman at hotmail.com
Fri May 17 18:15:15 CDT 2013

Hi Curtis,

     Well, "hybridized out of existence" could be one of the factors involved (many of the molecularists involved use phrases like "genetic swamping").  Of course, another major factor was probably warfare (competition for shelter and food, fear, or males angry when their females got kidnapped).  Climate change has also been suggested for certain regions.  In any case, interbreeding can no longer be ignored as a major factor, and thus the subspecies vs. species debate needs to be reexamined.