[Taxacom] Homo sapiens neanderthalensis

John Grehan calabar.john at gmail.com
Sat May 18 10:28:40 CDT 2013

And there is another possibility for neanderthal extinction (that may have
acted in concert with other factors) - that the neanderthal were a
primarily arboreal living species - i.e. it's primary place of residence
was above the ground (this does not preclude extensive and capable ground
locomotion or other ground activities). The literature is filled with the
cave man identity but to what extent caves were a primary residence (or
residence at all) may be more assumed than demonstrated. An argument has
been made that as forests declined with the onset of the last glacial
period the neanderthal population declined with it.

John Grehan