[Taxacom] Type specimen

Pierre Deleporte pierre.deleporte at univ-rennes1.fr
Sat May 18 12:24:16 CDT 2013

I humbly volunteer for being myself the whatever-type
for any possible taxonomic use
...in a little while of course,
and universally accessible as a spoonfull of ashes
dispersed in a trout stream close to my home

Seriously,
I suspect that there is much "non-dit" ('left unsaid') in this debate,
our own species being a very special case -
what choice could be made if we had to decide right now,
in our narrowing but diverse "planetary village", for "the" unique type
for humankind?
Or how long the series of "sufficiently representative paratypes"?...

I can't help considering that the choice of Linnaeus
can conveniently pass as "politically correct" (and the author will not
protest)
rather than fitting any code rules or biological reasons.

my grano salis

Pierre

--
Pierre DELEPORTE