[Taxacom] Mixed roots

Dan Lahr dlahr at ib.usp.br
Sun May 19 17:35:50 CDT 2013

Hi Michael,

+1 for Curtis, it is ugly but it is allowed.

You could always point it out, the authors may correct it. I imagine most
people are just not well versed in the classic languages and would be happy
to have some help.

We generally seek out advice from a classicist before publishing a new
name.  There are numerous reasons why this makes sense, perhaps the most
important is respecting the authority from an expert in an area I don't
master...

best,

Dan