[Taxacom] Homo sapiens neanderthalensis

Ken Kinman kinman at hotmail.com
Sun May 19 18:18:41 CDT 2013

Hi Curtis,

      I wouldn't single out any one of those mechanisms in particular, since it could be the result of a combination of two or more mechanisms.  Not sure if any molecularists have plans to test such possibilities or not.  However, I am optimistic that increasing interest in the subject of Neanderthal-modern hybrids (or integrades, if you will), will yield more fossils and additional discoveries coming from a more intense study of the Neanderthal (and Denisovan) genomes. I assume some papers are probable already in the pipeline and am looking forward to more surprises.