[Taxacom] Google as a taxonomic engine

m7876 m7876 at mail.ru
Mon May 20 13:22:20 CDT 2013

Dear colleagues,

Several years ago I performed an experiment with series of search request to Google Scholar. For every taxonomic name and for every combination of two taxonomic names, I counted number of hits. The assumption was to use the relative number of hits as a measure to taxonomic "similarity". Here is a presentation which comes into more details: http://ashipunov.info/shipunov/os/google/google.pdf

I hope that the approach in general and some results may be of interest to the community.

With best wishes,

Alexey Shipunov