Raymond Hoser Snakeman Snakebusters Reptile Parties viper007 at live.com.au
Tue May 21 20:25:41 CDT 2013

Dear Wolfgang,

for the benefit of others
here, lets correct a few more of your deliberate lies and misrepresentations.

Firstly your claim of
widespread support from within the herpetological community is yet another of
your fabrications.

I can give many examples,
but will stick with just a few. You alleged in your "Kaiser et al."
rant, herein more correctly named "Wuster et al." that you had
unanimous support from the Australian Society of Herpetologists.

Nothing could be further
from the truth.

Glenn Shea has repeatedly
pointed out that firstly the resolution voted on merely supported the view of
quality publications via peer review, which I assume everyone here would also
happen to subscribe to.

Because the ASH were able
to verify that AJH (the journal I control) was peer reviewed, they specifically
made sure that they made no resolutions against that publication or myself.

The resolution they put to
their meeting merely supported the preamble of your paper, supporting peer
review and furthermore, even in terms of that resolution, the vote in its
favour was far from unanimous as also reported by Glen Shea.

John Scanlon (also of the
ASH) divorced himself from your rant within a month of your SPAM posts of it on
the web.

Ditto for several other
alleged supporters.

Your repated attempts to
get the likes of Hal Cogger on board with your campaign against the Zoological
Code backfired. He merely forwarded the material to others and told them not to
touch it with a bargepole!

Numerous others continue to
use the "Hoser" names for taxa. This is because contrary to your
view, the descriptions were scientific, correctly published under the code and
importantly, they agree with the taxonomic decisions I have made and in spite
of your best and obsessive efforts stalking the web and elsewhere and telling
people to never use "Hoser names".

While talking about
fabricating alleged support, I am sure that people here would be mortified to
know that you were a party to defrauding a hotel chain of thousands of dollars
through the faking of thousands of votes via the internet for your good friend
and serial criminal David John Williams, who has numerous criminal convictions
for wildlife smuggling and animal cruelty of the most serious forms.

Or for example the
ethically repugnant act of adding authors to a poorly written "paper"
you published twice in 2001, (first under your own name alone) and then under
several names (to add weight to the publication), falsely alleging all my
scientific descriptions to that date were all of "non-taxa" and that
the names should not be used.

And as for your misleading
claims that I have described over "76% of new
genus-group names and 16% of all new species-group names of one major taxon
group", well it is a case of "lies, damned lies and statistics"
in that you have chosen to select dates of publications to include mine and not
that of other authors. In fact you could also allege that I described 100 per
cent of all the world's tortoises (on 29 April 2013), but when you look at the
total is it just one species described from many hundreds!

Taking a more realistic approach at the whole of the taxon group, you see that
my naming output (for a career in herpetology spanning more than 40 years), is
in fact less than 1 per cent of all species, and at best barely more for the
genus group names, which is hardly creating a storm or avalanche in
herpetology, let alone in zoology generally.

Fact is, Herr Wolfgang, the storm is only in your warped and obsessive mind and
perhaps if you devoted just a fraction of the enery you have spent
destabilizing zoological nomenclature either in the field chasing critters or
looking at museum specimens caught and lodged by the likes of myself, you may
have found a few groups to name yourself and then could bask in some of the
"glory" you tell everyone here that you seek.

I'll save my detailing your other unprofessional acts of serial
plagiarization of other people's work and other "crimes" against
science for other posts.

Finally, may I also suggest you see a professional in relation to your
destructive and obsessive behaviour.

Besides causing harm to any profesional reputation you may still have, I
am sure it is not doing your physical health much good either.

Kindest regards.

The Snake Man

Snakebustersâ - Australia's best reptilesâ

The only hands-on reptilesâ shows that lets people hold the animalsâ.

Reptile partiesâ, events, courses
Phones: 9812 3322

0412 777 211