Raymond Hoser Snakeman Snakebusters Reptile Parties viper007 at live.com.au
Wed May 22 01:25:19 CDT 2013

Doug, I am quite alarmed at certain parts of what you have
written.

1 – You seem to have accepted the demonstrably false and
evidence free claims of Kaiser et al. (better known as Wuster et al.) as fact. My
earlier post here showed this was not the case. Their blog, as it best
described, published in a journal one of the authors is an editor at, bypassing
effective peer review and editorial control or ethics, is a collection of lies
and false statements.  The preamble
stating evidence based, peer reviewed papers are the acceptable medium is not
disputed and has not been by anyone in the recent past. However their hate claims
against myself are bereft of any evidence and therefore must be rejected,
especially noting two of the authors, including Wuster himself have openly and
publicly condemned Hoser papers without reading them!

On that basis much of what you wrote fails.

Doug, you also seem to accept the demonstrably false claim by
Wuster here, of widespread support for the Wuster et al. / Kaiser blog from the
wider herpetological community when the evidence is in fact to the contrary,
(beyond the statement of the undisputed obvious in the preamble).

By way of example, Australia’s three pre-eminent herpetological
taxonomists, Shea, Wells and Cogger are unanimously opposed to the Wuster et al
blog. The ASH refused to make a resolution against Hoser and Wells, contrary to
the false claims by Wuster et. al.

You have confirmed also herein that the ICZN has not issued
a statement in support of the blog and yet Wuster and co have repeatedly stated
publicly this is the case!

So you know yourself, that Wuster and co are habitual liars.

Again, on that basis much of what you wrote fails.

Doug, you write here with tacit acceptance of the false
claims of taxonomic vandalism by myself and others deemed like by Wuster et al.,
and including all non-peer reviewed works and names from the 1800’s including
the likes of herpetological taxonomist Fitzinger and others, who have already
seen some of their many names superseded by junior synonyms of the Wuster gang,
causing unprecedented instability and the need (sooner or later) for the ICZN
to waste time and effort ruling on each and every name that the Wuster gang
seek to usurp by way of submission to resolve issues of stability and priority.

Notwithstanding the tacit acceptance by you here of the
false claims of taxonomic vandalism, I am also astounded at your tacit support
given here for stepping outside of the zoological code and effectively
expressly supporting the taxonomic and nomenclatural vandalism and all the
instability it causes, by the Wuster gang.
This is even more alarming, noting that if the central claims of Wuster
et. al were correct, (that is my taxonomy is all wrong and “evidence free” ...
OK we’ll ignore their counter claim I have engaged in “mass harvesting of unnamed
clades”) the code deals properly with the issue via the laws of homonymy, and priority,
resulting in synonymy of any indiscriminate taxonomic “mass renaming” as
alleged by Wuster et al..

You have also side-stepped the central critical issue of the
correctness of my taxonomic papers of the last 12 years, noting that all taxonomic
decisions are based on robust evidence and that the obvious and real fear of
the Wuster gang is nothing more basic than a dislike of the idea that they will
have to use the “Hoser-names” for valid taxa and groups first named by the man
they have declared war against for the last 15 years.

The correctness or otherwise of my recent taxonomy is the
only issue Wuster and the gang and others should be interested in, as the code
deals more than adequately with both alternatives.

In summary, do you honestly support the mass destabilization
of herpetology (and in turn wider zoology) caused by the indiscriminate renaming
of hundreds of taxa as advocated by the Wuster gang, (including the serious
acts of vandalism I noted in an earlier post here, to which you have  not bothered commenting on) noting that this group
includes taxa named more than 12 years ago and includes names now widely in use
and noting that to do so is a breach of the central rules of Zoology, being
retrospectively made by more than 12 years by a group of self-appointed and
unqualified “rulers”.

Yours Faithfully.

Snakebustersâ - Australia's best reptilesâ

The only hands-on reptilesâ shows that lets people hold the animalsâ.

Reptile partiesâ, events, courses
Phones: 9812 3322

0412 777 211