Raymond Hoser Snakeman Snakebusters Reptile Parties viper007 at live.com.au
Wed May 22 02:09:42 CDT 2013

Thasnks for the link.
It both confirms what I wrote before and rebuts your earlier false claim.

I'll make it easier for everyone and repost what is written there below:

The taxonomy issue was reopened to discussion, until
consensus was reached on the wording of the following decisions:

Whereas the Australian Society of
Herpetologists recognises the importance of peer-review when proposing
taxonomic decisions and the nomenclatural acts that follow from them,

acknowledges that works published outside of the
peer-review process are damaging the integrity of herpetological science,

does not condone the naming of taxa for reasons that are
unscientific or not based on a trail of evidence, and

applauds the efforts by the International Commission on
Zoological Nomenclature to curb the misuse of nomenclature,

and a motion was proposed by Mark Hutchinson that

“ therefore, be it resolved that the Australian Society of
Herpetologists joins the other listed societies in endorsing the point of view
presented by Kaiser et al. in the
March 2013 issue of Herpetological Review, namely that in the 21st Century, taxonomic decisions in herpetology and their
nomenclatural consequences are acceptable only when supported by a body of
evidence published within the peer-review process”.

The motion
was seconded by Glenn Shea. All in favour (with one abstension by Glenn
Shea), motion carried.

The ASH secretary will forward this information to Marc Hero
to present to the World Congress of Herpetology.

END

PS I'd vote for such a motion as well.
It is a pity that Kaiser et al. in theMarch 2013 issue of Herpetological Review fails this test!

Snakebustersâ - Australia's best reptilesâ

The only hands-on reptilesâ shows that lets people hold the animalsâ.

Reptile partiesâ, events, courses
Phones: 9812 3322

0412 777 211