Raymond Hoser Snakeman Snakebusters Reptile Parties viper007 at live.com.au
Wed May 22 04:03:06 CDT 2013

Excuse me Jason, but Wuster deserves to be heavily censured
for his actions which are the greatest threat to the stability of zoological
nomenclature ever seen in 200 years!

We are not talking about ignoring bad taxonomy, which is
something done daily and without threat to the code.  If someone renames a given taxon, their name
is a synonym.  There are millions out
there already and the world of zoology has not caved in as a result.

At worst Hoser, Wells, etc have produced about 400 more in
herpetological careers that combined span more than 100 years! More likely they
have produced just one synonym!

And speaking for Wells for a change, I can say his
herpetological career has been a stellar one!

Meanwhile Wuster’s best mate and co-author Wulf Schliep wastefully
created three junior synonyms in 2008 when he INVENTED three Leiopython species
(by creating junior synonyms of L. albertisi) without a shred of evidence in a
journal he co-edits, bypassing peer review (again), although he falsely claimed
DNA evidence (not produced), but again I note his mate O’Shea (another co-author
of Wuster et al) spilt the beans earlier saying he had the DNA ... but of
course it didn’t prove Schleip’s argument for three “new” species, so he
scratched the DNA, not the hypothesis ... which is about as unscientific as you
can get.

No one has to step outside the code to deal with Schleips
acts of taxonomic misconduct.  Instead no
one recognizes the taxa and the names are not used ... end of story! – no threat
to stability or the code!

As recently as this month, Wuster posted elsewhere on the
web that he didn’t like “Hoser” and that the valid taxon group Broghammerus
should be named by someone, anyone!, so that the “Hoser name” is not used.

Of course if it were one or two names, the world of zoology
would perhaps survive, but he has in fact published two very different lists (already)
consisting many hundreds of names and from several authors, including many
globally respected names (and I’ve excluded the ones alleged not to be here),
of valid species he wants to be renamed.

And worse still if you look at p.20 of the Wuster et al (Kaiser
et al) blog, he says the plan should be copied by others outside herpetology.  The potential chaos within herpetology will
be dwarfed by that outside if the Wuster et al scheme goes according to plan!

Yes, lets spell out the Wuster plan being executed as we
type ... I don’t like you Jason, so I will tell people to boycott your
science-based taxonomy and code compliant names, then I shall rename them
myself or get a friend to do so.  In ten
years time when there is total confusion over which name should be used and
chaos, I shall apply to the ICZN to use their currently rarely used plenary
powers to create more confusion by ignoring the rule of priority to reverse it,
thereby encouraging more taxonomic vandals like Wuster to try the same caper!

The ICZN commissioners will be run off their feet hearing in
the first instance hundreds of applications annually (instead of the handful at
present), then potentially increasing to many thousands yearly within 20 years!

“Kaiser et al” wasn’t published for mere “comment” – it is
war plan against the rules of zoology being executed by Wuster et al. as seen
by his relentless cross posting and self promotion here and elsewhere.

This is EXACTLY why Wuster et al. must be censured and his
war plan stopped!

Snakebustersâ - Australia's best reptilesâ

The only hands-on reptilesâ shows that lets people hold the animalsâ.

Reptile partiesâ, events, courses
Phones: 9812 3322

0412 777 211