[Taxacom] Dealing with the morally reprehensible act of plagiarisation

Raymond Hoser Snakeman Snakebusters Reptile Parties viper007 at live.com.au
Tue May 28 22:22:40 CDT 2013

" I'm wondering why you are accusing Schleip (2008) of plagiarism.  He even mentions your 2000 paper in the title:  "Revision of the Genus Leiopython Hubrecht 1879 (Serpentes: Pythonidae) with the Redescription of Taxa Recently Described by Hoser (2000) and the Description of New Species."

In the title yes - in the body of the paper "no". in fact he attacks me first before using my data without attribution - as in he masquerades it as his own!

Also check out the plagiarization he does in his "Leiopython" wikipedia page, including some versions where he says he "described" L. hoserae!

Also of note is that for 8 years Schleip claimed L. hoserae was a melanaistic L. albertisi (I've never heard such rot, noting the obvious physical differences between the snakes) before he did and without apology, publish that he had described L. hoserae on wikipedia - on the same page he'd actively edited for 8 years to deny existence of the said species!

All the best

Snakebustersâ - Australia's best reptilesâ

The only hands-on reptilesâ shows that lets people hold the animalsâ.

Reptile partiesâ, events, courses
Phones: 9812 3322

0412 777 211