[Taxacom] Ugandan stamp plant identification mystery.

James Edwards jimanneedwards at mac.com
Fri May 31 13:41:02 CDT 2013

Uganda puts out a lot of showy stamps aimed at stamp collectors. In this context, the sets of stamps showing plants from Melbourne and Kew are typical, in that they are large and colorful and completist philatelists would want to buy the full set. I have no idea why they chose to honor Melbourne and Kew, but other Ugandan sets include homages to the movies Toy Story and The Lion King, sets for Mickey Mouse and Goofy, and, in 2012, three very elaborate issues for the 35th anniversary of the death of Elvis Presley.

Jim Edwards (ex-philatelist)