[Taxacom] Binomial Nomenclature - was: "cataloguing hypotheses & not real things"

Robin Leech releech at telus.net
Thu Sep 5 13:28:49 CDT 2013

Curtis,
The name is the only real thing.  The name that you have used, if you are
lucky applies to only one real, interbreeding organisms.  If you are not so
lucky, it may actually apply to 2 or more cryptospecies.  These
cryptospecies would thus all be under one name.  I always think back to
Alexander and the crickets - slightly different location (south to north)
and different chirps.
This is where, at future times, someone writes, "in part".
Robin