[Taxacom] Marking up specimen citations

Mary Barkworth Mary.Barkworth at usu.edu
Wed Aug 13 06:56:24 CDT 2014

I have just finished marveling at the way one can import properly marked up pdf files into a reference manager (I remember filling out file cards). Question: what progress, if any, has been made in setting up a mechanism for marking up specimens cited information - not just the paragraphs that have that information but deconstructing  the actual citations - so that they could be linked to the growing specimen networks and aggregators (think GBIF, iDIGBO, and SEINet which it the network we contribute to via  intermountainbiota.org).  I would imagine that there is a TDWG group looking into it. I am just interested in finding out what progress has been made.
Mary