Stephen Thorpe stephen_thorpe at yahoo.co.nz
Mon Aug 25 02:10:47 CDT 2014

>What is the geographic resolution? What is the taxonomic authority? This then would define data quality much more accurately<

I find it hard to take such fine grained data quality issues seriously, when GBIF has records like the bark louse Peripsocus maoricus classified as a virus (and attributed to a data provider, NZOR, which doesn't say that!) How many more bogus records are there in GBIF? Tens, hundreds, thousands???

Stephen