[Taxacom] Rejoinder to a monster review

Richard Zander Richard.Zander at mobot.org
Fri Dec 5 13:27:40 CST 2014

What a strange discussion! I hope I did not give the impression that I wanted to suppress phylogenetics. Certainly not! There is much to faintly praise about phylogenetics.

Phylogenetics should be taxed. The proceeds to help mitigate the epistemological loss of taxa through lumping, splitting, and hiding in an avalanche of molecularly cryptic species, genera and families. Imagine a virtual zoo or garden devoted to the memory of phylogenetically extinct families.

☺

-------
Richard H. Zander
Missouri Botanical Garden – 4344 Shaw Blvd. – St. Louis – Missouri – 63110 – USA
richard.zander at mobot.org<mailto:richard.zander at mobot.org>