[Taxacom] Questions on Taxonomic Code of Practice

Stephen Thorpe stephen_thorpe at yahoo.co.nz
Wed Jan 8 16:11:03 CST 2014

Jason,

As always, the situation is complicated! If you write:

Aus bus (L. 1758) sensu XYZ (2013)

This implies that Aus bus (L. 1758) was misidentified by XYZ (2013) !

There isn't a standard formulaic way to refer to species concepts/circumscriptions, and these are not well-defined entities anyway.

The only way is to state in words something like "we are herein following the species concept of XYZ (2013) for Aus bus (L. 1758) ..."

Cheers,

Stephen