[Taxacom] Questions on Taxonomic Code of Practice

Stephen Thorpe stephen_thorpe at yahoo.co.nz
Wed Jan 8 17:36:18 CST 2014

Well, such an interpretation may, for all I know, be standard in botany, but for zoology the interpretation of "sensu" is more variable. I didn't say that it means misidentified. I meant that it implies misidentification (not strictly speaking, but in practice). For most animal taxa, it makes little or no sense to talk about species concepts, because most names refer to obscure unrevised taxa.

Stephen