[Taxacom] Call for Comments: Taxonomic Practice and the Code

Stephen Thorpe stephen_thorpe at yahoo.co.nz
Thu Jan 9 15:15:29 CST 2014

Paul:
I still say that the primary function is, and has always been, to link the name to the original publication (types are a secondary issue, that I clearly ought not to have thrown in!). Sure there were author citations before there were types, but the same cannot be said for original publications. The "concepts" you speak of are equivalent to the original descriptions. There appears to be much confusion today over so-called "taxonomic concepts" ...
Cheers,
Stephen