[Taxacom] Neoromicia nanus or Neoromicia nana?

Doug Yanega dyanega at ucr.edu
Mon Jan 13 13:27:27 CST 2014

On 1/13/14 11:11 AM, Stephen Thorpe wrote:
> This is perhaps a good example of why the Code requires simplification? Endless debate over Latin grammar doesn't really help biological understanding!

I figured you wouldn't be able to restrain yourself. This is precisely
why I commented that we can use registration to solve the problem. Once
a name is registered as a noun or adjective, the debate ENDS.

Robert's arguments, BTW, are sound, but the ICZN does indeed work
differently from botany; if a name can be either a noun or an adjective
(which is what is claimed for nanus), then it is noun by default under
Art. 31.2.2.

Sincerely,